The waiting has come to an end. Apple has decided to publish, at the end, the new versions of its four operating systems: iOS 10.4, macOS 10.12.4, watchOS 3.2 and 10.2 tvOS.
The company has been testing these versions of its four platforms for weeks and at this time has been publishing different betas so that developers were also news and that their apps worked without problem.
iOS is the operating system that includes more important innovations in this new version, followed by macOS Sierra and the operating systems of Apple Watch and Apple TV would you like to know all the innovations? Keep reading and we have them for you.
What’s new with iOS 10.3 for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch
As I said, iOS 10.3 is the operating system more innovations and new features added in this round of updates. The most important are:
- Filesystem APFS: discussed it a few weeks ago and is now available. iOS 10.3 includes a new file system that promises to be much faster and safer. It is a profound change in the way in which information is stored in the memory inside of the devices iOS, this is why on this occasion is more important to make a backup before upgrading than ever.
- Find My AirPods: Apple has decided to extend this functionality of iCloud the AirPods and debuts with this new version of the operating system. Thanks to it you can locate your AirPods through the app find my iPhone if they are in an area close to your iPhone and do they emit a sound to help you locate them.
- New panel iCloud within settings: the settings application has undergone some changes, among which there is a new panel to access iCloud functions.
- CarPlay: users of this feature to use iOS in the car will also see some new features. In concrete new quick access to three last used apps, new categories of music at Apple Music and a new access to the following songs that are played.
- Siri: improvements in compression, integration with more third parties and ability to pay bills and check your status through payment applications.
These are just some of the most important innovations that includes the new version of the operating system. To update, you must Access to Settings – General – software update and follow the steps indicating the device screen or connect it to iTunes.
macOS 10.12.4 premiered the night mode
In the case of the Mac OS the main novelty is the night mode or Night Shift. This mode is present in iOS since about a year ago and now comes to the firm’s Cupertino computers.
To activate this mode, the display will show warm colours with beige tones. Thanks to this your eyes not be forced, especially at night or in little lit environments.
Other improvements and innovations are focused on increasing the performance, stability and security of the operating system.
To upgrade macOS to version 10.12.4 you must click on the Apple icon in the top left of the screen on your Mac and then open the Mac App Store. On the updates tab, you can start the download and installation (you need to restart your computer to complete the update).
watchOS 3.2 incorporates mode Theatre features
In the case of the Apple Watch are also novelties in the new version of its operating system, although they are less conspicuous than the previous.
In particular Apple has incorporated the way Theater in watchOS 3.2. When you activate this mode on the smartwatch, the screen will not light never automatically. To turn it on it will be necessary to touch on the screen or digital device Crown.
To upgrade to watchOS 3.2 must open paired with Apple Watch iPhone app Watch (the smartphone must have iOS 10.3 pre-installed) and follow the steps on the screen.
tvOS 10.2 also get latest news
Apple TV also receives some developments as improvements in scrolling when navigating through the menus of the operating system, as well as an improvement in the management of the stored files. On the other hand, it also incorporates focused News USA as integration with VideoToolbox users.
To upgrade to tvOS 10.2 you must open the settings app and access the General – software upgrade path.